Aims to launching an analysis on Data science job market.
The motivation and background
As Statisticians that we exactly are, It is very willing and meaningful for us to dig more deeper information about the situation of our future career. So, we can take some actions to prepare in advance before we become an employee.
The source of the dataset we have chosen is from glassdoor and Kaggle. It contains 12,000+ job listing for four types of data science job (business analyst, data analyst, data engineer, data scientist) in different cities in US and UK. These datas are all defined to be open position at the time the dataset was published in July 2020.
The Dimension of the dataset:
Number of datapoints: 4 spreadsheets which has 4092, 2253, 2528, 3909 observations separately.
Number of dimensions: 15
Types of dimensions: Character, Numeric, Category.
Questions need to be answered in our future project:
1. What makes job types of data science different from each other, and what are the most important skills that we need to extend?
2. Which areas frequently need the statisticians?
3. How different factors matter to the level of salary and the number of job vacancy, why is that?
4. What kind of researcher are required, even much welcomed by the job market?
5. Which type of job position get the maximum salaries, and what can we explore from Industry aspect and Sector aspect?